Iredell-Statesville Schools Network/Internet Acceptable Use Policy Agreement for
This form is REQUIRED of all staff who are new to the school building. This form MUST be returned signed by the new staff member to the designated person in the school in order to use the Iredell-Statesville Schools network/Internet.
The activities that are not permitted include, but are not limited to the following:
▪ Sending or displaying offensive communication or pictures
▪ Using obscene language
▪ Harassing, insulting or attacking others
▪ Violating copyright laws including failure to cite online sources and the posting in a public environment materials created under the “Fair Use” domain
▪ Providing the personal information of students, such as complete name, phone number, address or identifiable photo without permission of the parent/guardian
▪ Trespassing in the folders, work or files of the others
▪ Disabling or circumventing filtering/security software
▪ Using logins, user names, and/or passwords of other users
▪ Posting user names and/or passwords in a public or conspicuous location.
▪ Leaving information systems containing the personally identifiable and/or confidential information of student and/or staff unattended
▪ Employing the network/Internet for commercial purposes, financial gain, fraud or illegal activities
▪ Damaging or modifying computers, computer systems or computer networks
▪ Use of personal equipment within the district
More detailed expectations are provided in the Requirements for Acceptable Use of the Iredell-Statesville Schools Network/Internet.
I understand that access to the Internet through the Iredell-Statesville Schools network is a privilege that is to be used for educational purposes.
I have read and understand the Requirements for Acceptable Use of the Iredell-Statesville Schools Network/Internet and agree to abide by these requirements.
I understand that staff will be provided staff development in digital citizenship.
I understand that any violation of these requirements is unethical and can result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal by the Superintendent and Board of Education and/or appropriate legal action.
Since all files are on a public network and on equipment provided by the school district, I understand that these files are subject to examination and review at any time and no right of privacy exists.
I understand that all equipment is the property of the school district not the property of the school or the individual. The district retains the right to relocate equipment as need requires and to maintain equipment in any manner necessary to allow for optimum operation.
Since all district email is on a public network and on equipment provided by the school district, I understand that all email is subject to North Carolina Public Records Law (General Statute 132) which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement and no right of privacy exists.
Although Iredell-Statesville Schools provides Internet access that is constantly filtered, I understand that it is my responsibility to supervise at all times any students in my care who are accessing the network/Internet.
I understand that I am ultimately responsible for my activity on the Iredell-Statesville Schools network/Internet.
Staff Member Printed Name
Staff Member Signature Date
Iredell-Statesville Schools Network/ Internet Acceptable Use Policy Agreement for Students June, 2001, Revised May, 2004, Revised May, 2010